The Migrant Workers Alliance for Change is a coalition of national migrant worker groups, grassroots organizations, unions, faith groups, activists and researchers that have come together to fight for justice and dignity for migrant workers. This month they coordinated a speaking tour of migrant workers talking about their experiences and challenges.
The breaking barriers, migrant workers tour sought to address a number of question about migrant work such as:
- What is the Temporary Foreign Workers Program?
- What’s happening to Canada’s immigration and refugee system?
- Are foreigners really stealing Canadian jobs?
- Who is really responsible for this mess?
- How are services being impacted?
- What can Unions, community organizations, service providers and students do?
These vides were produced by Nadine MacKinnon at the Toronto event on November 16. The speakers were Syed Hassan, Johnna Uchi and Senthil Thevar.