Calling all writers and trade unionists
Rank and File.ca is looking for writers, contributors, and people willing to help promote our website.
Rank and File.ca is a new Canadian labour media project launched by union activists in early 2012. We publish original, researched news reports and analysis of major labour issues the battle against Bill 115, the CP Rail strike, and . Rank and File.ca also publishe statements by who seek to promote alternative viewpoints regarding ratification votes, union strategy, and union elections. We publish such documents in the interest of fostering democratic debate within unions.
- Provide readers with relevant and informative labour news and analysis from Canada and around the world.
- Help build solidarity with workers in struggle
- Develop a coherent analysis of the labour movement
- Help build and connect a network of rank and file trade union activists
- The labour movement and our unions have to be democratic and membership-driven.
- The interests of the labour movement cannot be separated from the interest of the poor and the oppressed.
- The labour movement exists to change society; to defend and advance greater political and economic rights and democracy.
How you can contribute
- We need writers! We want to increase the perspectives and diversify the voices at Rank and File.ca. We are seeking reports or analysis about the Canadian labour movement. We welcome contributions from writers and our editors will . Articles should be approximately 750 words (but we will accept shorter or longer pieces).
- We also to send us photos, video or audio from strikes with a brief summary.
- We also need union members. us on Twitter @rankandfileca and Facebook. From time to time we will be producing flyers that can be handed out at events, meetings, rallies and picket lines.